Thursday, June 30, 2005

Rucker Lake, Father's Day... AND A FIRST KISS!

So the story continues in June of 2005... and there is finally a turning point! So, the annual Rucker Lake activity is an annual activity where the singles go up to a Girls Camp location and clean it up for the winter. I'd never been to this activity. I was still dating Eddie, but of course he couldn't come because of work... and I remember Eddie called me while I was there and I was super annoyed by him for some reason, ouch!
I was looking forward to this activity since I loved camping and of course Don was going to be there. teehee We did our service, picking up twigs and branches, etc. I can't remember what else we did... but we did camping stuff, like cooking food over open flame, slept in tents, rowed canoes, Don fished, etc. I think Don and I rode in a canoe together... and we got this picture together.
On the way home from this activity, we (all the singles from my ward) stopped off at my parent's house for dinner! A few days later... I had lunch with my parents, they said that they REALLY LIKED DON. I kinda confessed to them that I liked him too, but hadn't been sure... but because they said this to me... it was a done deal. I decided to jump in with both feet to go after Don. :) **SIDE NOTE, THAT I FORGOT TO MENTION** Merridon, my old roommate who had a crush on Don, moved back to San Jose and mentioned to me that she had heard that he and I were an 'item'... I said, well, we hang out now and then or sit together in church, that's it... Merridon told me, I think you two should date. I said NO! She asked me why, because of me? I said, well kinda... and I'm not sure if I like him like that... (all the reasons I mentined before) Then Merridon said to me, "Tiffany, you are a neat person, Don is a neat person, you two should date to see where this could go... and you can't worry about me!"
A week or two later, my family was going to go on a house boat for Father's Day Weekend... and I didn't want to take Eddie, I wanted to take Don... so I broke up with Eddie and invited Don! Don agreed to come with me, we spent the weekend with my family, and we had a good time AS FRIENDS. Don started inviting me to his place (a HUGE deal, since he never had people to his place normally) We would play rummikub game after rummikub game. We kept tally of how many games we had each won. (I was ahead!)
Father's Day fell on, June 19th, 2005 and just a few short days later... on June 23rd, Don and I had our first kiss and made our relationship "officially exclusive to see where it could go".
(sorry I dont have any pictures of dinner at my parents with all the friends, all the rummikub games or the first kiss... but that's OK!)



No comments: