Saturday, January 31, 2009

DJ Has Surgery!

Yesterday, DJ had minor surgery... it was also was his 6 month birthday!
We got to the hospital early in the morning.


DJ fussed a little since he was hungry and wasn't allowed to eat before surgery... he wasn't as fussy as I thought he would be!
GOOD BOY!
Daddy was such a huge help in keeping DJ calm and happy before hand.
I was really nervous!


The nurses and Drs kept coming and having us fill out a lot of papers... and answering several questions... it seemed to take forever!
Finally it was time to take DJ back for the surgery... I was much more nervous now!

When they were done, the Dr said that everything went well! DJ got sick and threw up after and was very lethargic from the general anesthesia... but we are glad that everything went well... and we headed home!
DJ was so sleepy... so he slept and slept and slept!

A few hours later... DJ acted like nothing happened! I'm pretty sure that I'd be whining for pain meds right about now! He's a super champ!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's such a cutie. I'm glad everything went well.

Tammie said...

He is growing so fast! What did he have done? Glad everything went well and that you are all doing good!
P.S. What happened with your chickens?