This is officially the "FIRST" post on the Don and Tiffany blog! Well, it's not the first post I've entered... it is more like 208th blog post, but I'm attempting to "Back Blog" to include our courtship and first year of marraige, since I started blogging in 2007. I will back date these old blog entries so that they appear in our blog in order... here goes nothing! :)
In the beginning...
Don and I met through my roommate Merridon Beesley whom we both love dearly to this day (August 29th, 2011 when I'm writing this!) I met Don at mine and Merridon's Peacock Court apartment in Santa Clara, Ca in late 2000. I was dating someone and Don had his eye on a few girls in their ward... Merridon had her eye on Don! :) I attended the young singles ward and Merridon and Don attended the Singles ward. Well, Merridon always had dinner parties and game nights over at our place and I met and saw many of her friends, including Don many times. I always knew Don was a great guy since I love Merridon to pieces and she loved Don to pieces. Don was new to the area and Merridon made him feel welcome for sure.
Over the course of our many years together as roommates, from one house to the next, to the next apartment, to a new house, etc... Merridon kept up the dinner parties and game nights... Don always in attendance. Several years go by and Merridon frequently shares her crush on Don with me... frequently she is saddened that nothing more than friendship comes from this.
A while later, Merridon decides that a move home to Bakersfield after many years in the Bay Area is the next step for her. Around this time, I break up with the guy I was dating. Along with this break up, I decide to leave the Young Singles ward where my ex attended and start attending the older singles ward with my new roommates and of course Don was there. I sat next to him since I knew him well... rumors immediately start flying that he and I are an "item". It's not tough for that to happen when I am "young" (30), I am new to the ward and Don's one of the best catches in the ward as far as guys go. I was busy dating several different guys from the internet that lived all over, but I loved having Don at church for a friend.
I certainly didn't see he and I together as he was much OLDER, he reminded me so much of my dad... (same name, same personalities, same sense of humor, both sing, etc...) plus my bestest friend had had a big crush on him for several years. Nope, I didn't think of Don that way for me!
21 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment