Monday, July 10, 2006

FINALLY!!

When Don and I started dating over a year ago, I was done wasting time on the wrong guys... and I wanted to get married and start a family as soon as possible! I told Don a year ago... that we would try this relationship out for 3 months, then re-evaluate. Well, things went great the first three months, the next three months after that, he moved to Utah and things were still OK. I knew that he was totally marriage material for me, Don needed more time and would ask me to be patient with him.
We set a year mark for a goal to make a decision about our relationship... (at least that's how I took the conversations we'd had). Came and went the end of June (our 1 year dating mark) with no proposal, I felt like I was getting dragged along again, only this time by a really neat guy! I felt like he should know by now how he felt for me by now, and if he didn't know by now... then I was done waiting for him to figure it out.
It was a rough time, I was tired of him asking me to be patient. We hadn't talked in a few days, then I get a text from him to look up one of his cameras of a house he was building on the internet. I texted back, OK. These cameras were video only, no sound. I logged on to his job site camera at the appointed time and there Don was with a spiral notebook with messages written on them... these were the messages... He first said sorry, then asked me to be PATIENT, but had crossed out patient... and wrote MINE FOREVER, then the last note that said, will you marry me... then the "thank you".
I immediately went to call him, but first had to text him to say, "YES!" We had to keep the whole technology thing going. teehee In these pictures, Don is sitting down talking with me on the cell phone. I made him sit there and flip through the notebook so I could get pictures of each note... teehee We got engaged on July 10, 2006 and set our wedding date for September 23, 2006... just 10 weeks later!




No comments: