Saturday, February 11, 2012

Will Run for Chocolate!!

A friend asked me if I wanted to run in the Hot Chocolate 5K in Dallas... hmmmm I have run (mostly WALKED) in a few 5K's before... running is not my favorite thing to do, nor can I do it very good. But, since I've been doing pretty good at exercising recently, I thought I might give it some serious thought when it involved CHOCOLATE! Yes folks... you get Ghiraradelli hot chocolate, fondue and individually wrapped chocolates after the race!
Hmmm... many people bailed on running this race because the temperatures took a steep dive the night before. (Texans are whimps in the cold!) The friend that asked me to run with her bailed too since she had been sick and the cold would've made running miserable for her. The announcer said that there were over 10,000 people signed up to run this.
Well off I went... and this was the first time I have ever run a 5K without walking at all. (pat on my back please!)
Anyhow, enough about that... that hot chocolate and fondue were amazing.... I'm definitely going to do this 5K again next year!

No comments: