Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Misc February... and too much illness!

So February came and went so fast! Happy Valentines Day! :) We made pink TRUCK sugar cookies and delivered them to some of our friends... that was way fun! :) We also took some to daddy's work. :) Don brought home some pretty yellow roses... I'm the luckiest!
Callie's been getting around a lot! Climbing stairs, cleaning the floors as she moves along, LOVES to throw all the shoes off the shoe shelf. Yup... she's cracking herself up here.
SHE IS MOBILE.
She also has started riding the riding toys.... she still can't crawl on her knees yet, but prefers walking by holding your finger. She'll fuss until you give her your finger so she can walk. Silliness. My mom told me to just crawl around from now on. I have done it... but sure makes getting my chores done super difficult! ;)
As for the rest of the month... we hung out a lot with friends and then just hung out at home a lot, getting over being sick!
Callie was sick twice with different viruses! First she had RSV and next she got the Roseola virus. Both viruses came with an ear infection, different ears each time (that's a good thing I hear if you get two ear infections back to back). YUCKIE! Her temp got up to 104.7 with Roseola. It had me a bit worried so since Don was out of town, I lined up some friends to come stay with DJ while I took Callie to the ER. Luckily 5 minutes before I was going to take her to the hospital, her temp came down to 104.6. Not much, but movement in the right direction. So I decided to wait a little longer. 20 minutes later it was at 104.1. An hour later 103.9. When it got down to 103.2 I put her to bed and that was the last of that fever! The next day she broke out in a rash and the Dr said Roseola virus. The rash seemed to be a little itchy... but went away in two days.
Finally, DJ has these sneakers that have Lightening McQueen on them. I'll have you know that they make him run very fast. Then he has to stop so that his pit crew can change his tires... watch this!

No comments: