Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hand. Foot. Mouth. YUCKIE!

Callie started getting SUPER fussy and drooling A LOT... like TONS of drool! Way more than normal for teething... but I thought, well... she's teething! hmmmm She had a fever of just 101 for one night and it went away. Then I noticed rashes on her feet, mostly in-between her toes... I asked a few friends, they said fungus from swimming or bathing and not drying off good enough..??

So I got some lotrimin... did the foot bath, dried really good and applied the anti-fungal stuff! BUT THEN I NOTICED...

Sores on her hands!

Then the sores on her feet weren't just a rash in-between her toes... they were blisters and appearing on other parts of her feet... this couldn't be from not properly drying after swimming or bathing!!

Sores appeared on her ears!

Hand? Foot? ...MOUTH!! I immediately googled hand foot and mouth disease and found that this seemed to be EXACTLY what Callie has! She had the 101 fever for one night... no other symptoms aside from being grouchy... then the sores on her feet and hands. Web MD also stated that she would get a few sores on her legs, CHECK. They also said that she could have a really bad sore throat.... THAT's why the fussiness and TONS of DROOL! So we hung in there since this is viral, there is nothing the dr's can do... so we waited it out and it was gone in a few days. YEAY!!

No comments: