Sunday, July 29, 2012

Jake and the Neverland Pirates Birthday!

 DJ has recently fallen in love with a new Disney show called Jake and the Neverland Pirates... so the answer was easy when I asked him who he wanted on his birthday cake this year! :)
I made the invitations... and looked forward to making a fun pirate ship cake that looked just like the one on Jake and the Neverland Pirate show. This ship's name is Bucky. DJ's Grandpa Kurtz bought him the ship (in the upper left-hand corner of this picture) for his birthday a few weeks ago when he was visiting! :) I looked to google and pinterest for cake ideas... and of course, I found some GREAT resources! I had most everything ready to go for the party... but the cake would take a little time. LUCKILY, I have the best husband who stood by me in my late-night craziness... as we built this cake!

Here is DJ posing with his birthday cake. No, that is not his pirate face... he had just gotten yelled at by both Don and I to NOT TOUCH THE CAKE! haha :)
Here is a closer view.
Here is Pirate Callie! :)

Pirate friends!

We played "Musical Island" kind of like musical chairs, but with characters from the JNP show on paper plates... kids stand on an 'island' when the music stops.
He who doesn't have an island to stand on had to WALK THE PLANK!
After island hopping and plank walking, we went outside to play Pirate Ship and cannons... I thought this would be super fun, but the kids lost interest really fast! :( I threw balls (cannons) at the kids in the ships as they walked around. teehee I thought it was funny. The kids wanted to play on the swing set more... and look out the pirate telescope instead... oh well! :)
After about 10 minutes total outside, we came in for a little lunch... complete with a watermelon ship...
Pirate Ship Hot Dogs with swimming fishies!

Then we went to open presents...




 Then it was time to sing Happy Birthday and EAT THAT CAKE!
DJ blowing out his candle!
DJ so excited, he can't hold back his laughter!

Callie doing the 'usual'... can't ever eat without making a HUGE mess!

Last but not least... you can't have a pirate party without a treasure hunt!! I left clues around the house and the treasure box at the end with all the favor bags inside the treasure chest!

I think Pirate DJ had a good time at his Pirate birthday party! I can't believe he is 4 years old!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DJ!

A very special thanks to our Grandma Glo! She is like family to us! She does so much for us and DJ and Callie love her tons!
Grandma Glo helped out so much with the party and we want to say THANK YOU GRANDMA GLO! :) XOXO

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DJ! Love, Mommy, Daddy & Callie :)

No comments: