This picture of all us of except Don (who took the picture) was taken outside the Alamo... a really pretty, covered sidewalk. It had pretty arches, was very shady and cool. :)
This was the end of the San Antonio River. There was access to the mall here with several shops and restaurants also along the river. We got on the river boat not far from here.
While on the river boat tour, we saw several bridges and people walking along the river, doing "The River Walk". What a neat idea to make this river in the middle of town to connect businesses (hotels, restaurants, city buildings, etc) to each other! They even have taxi boats!
During part of the boat tour... we would be in the sun. This was DJ's least favorite part! I guess not many of us like to be in the direct sunlight for too long unless we are trying to get a tan! :) BE PROUD! I, Tiffany Foulk Kurtz, who neglects to wear sun screen and has burned and blistered my entire body on more than one occasion, wore sunscreen this weekend and didn't burn at all! (EVEN in the heat and sun of southern Texas!! I know it is not summer yet... but still) ...and Don and DJ were also free from sunburns! (Don actually gets the credit, he bought the sunscreen! THANKS HUN!)
DJ smiles just a little bit later when he gets to take a bath before bedtime!
On Monday, May 4th... we headed to Fredericksburg, Texas on our way home. Fredericksburg is another quaint old town with TONS of shopping of all kinds of shops. Antiques, linnens, clothing, Texas memorabilia, FUDGE (which I got some of!), gourmet food tasting shops (got some of that too!), candy shops, kitchen gadget shops... and of course yummy restaurants. We had such a good time strolling down the sidewalk! See... even DJ was strolling with a SMILE! :)
We put DJ on this little horse and with a few quarters... I swear DJ was having the time of his life! :) I could've watched him on that horse all day long if I had enough quarters... OK, well maybe not... LOL but it was super cute! 

This last photo is of Mike, Allison and my dad just before Don, DJ and I had to say goodbye. My parents stayed in San Antonio for a few more days with Mike and Allison and unfortunately we had to head for home. What a GREAT trip and weekend! THANKS MOM, DAD, ALLISON and MIKE! Thanks Hun for all your driving!! Thanks DJ for being such an awesome boy for not getting your two naps each day! Successful trip!
This last photo is of Mike, Allison and my dad just before Don, DJ and I had to say goodbye. My parents stayed in San Antonio for a few more days with Mike and Allison and unfortunately we had to head for home. What a GREAT trip and weekend! THANKS MOM, DAD, ALLISON and MIKE! Thanks Hun for all your driving!! Thanks DJ for being such an awesome boy for not getting your two naps each day! Successful trip!
3 comments:
Yay! Such a fun trip! Love you photos.
I love his smile with the scrunched up nose.
Looks like you guys had such a blast! DJ is so darling, I love his smile! What a little trooper.
Now that he is crawling you probably had to really baby proof your house. After three years of no baby proofing I had to rearrange the living room and stick stoppers in all the outlets. But it is good motivation to keep the floors clean of small objects. Now if I could just get Rex to hold his own bottle we would really be in business!
Post a Comment