Monday, October 4, 2010

San Antonio Zoo With Auntie Alli

DJ loves animals... and now that he's started watching a few cartoons with animals in them... this trip to the zoo was super fun for him! He loved the Elephant!
Here is DJ with his Auntie Ali!
The night before coming to the zoo, we took DJ to a park to release some energy! He was hanging from the bar above the slide, lifting up his feet making monkey noises... oo-oo, ee-ee! It was so funny...
So he LOVED seeing the monkeys jump around and swing!
We saw hippos sleeping in the water... one is completely laying on the other with his feet floating...
The other kept lifting his head out of the water. How cool to see them this close! They have HUGE heads!
"S" is for snake... ssssssss! DJ has learned on The Cat in the Hat cartoon the word & animal snake! So he was interested to see one!
We went into the butterfly house... DJ LOVES butterflies and points them out when ever we see them...
He got a little nervous at times and wanted to hide in my legs, but overall he loved it... we did too! They are super pretty!
Last, but NOT least... we went on the train ride! One of the shows that DJ LOVES watching right now is Dinosaur Train... every episode, this little dinosaur family gets on the Dinosaur Train to go explore about different dinosaurs in different time periods.
DJ loves saying, "All Aboard"... and loved it when he heard the conductor say "All Aboard" when we got on the train.
DJ got really nervous when the train whistle blew... it was really loud and we were on the very front row of the train! But I explained to him that it is the train's whistle... Choo-choo... he understood and then relaxed! :)
DJ pretended to be a doggy by sticking his tongue out and licking my face... FUN! :\ teehee
Here is DJ having a blast on the train with Auntie Alli! Thanks Alli for taking us to the zoo today!

2 comments:

Mike and Alli said...

Yay! I had so much fun with you and DJ at the zoo! I think I may just have to go back and ride that train all by myself, it was so fun. ;)

Tammie said...

Okay so I had a chance to glance at your blog and guess what I found, You're expecting!! Congratulations!!! How are you doing? Email me or something, I lost everyone's addresses in my contact list when I went to Malaysia!? Can't wait to hear from you!