Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas Tree Farm... in Texas??

Coming from the west coast, we are spoiled having a huge selection of beautiful Christmas trees... with all the mountains in California and Oregon full of Christmas tree crops... last year in Texas we bought one at Walmart... looked just like the trees from home... and would you guess that the tag on it said... "GROWN IN OREGON"! Really!? All the way to Texas!? But as you could imagine as trees die, that one died really fast because I'm sure it had been several weeks since it had been cut, shipped halfway across the country, sitting at Walmart waiting to be loved and taken home... it died so fast! This year, one of my girls from church said that they go to a Christmas Tree Farm... I was shocked there was even a tree farm, and really apprehensive about what kinds of trees to find in Texas... I've heard that they all look like shrubs! teehee... We got our tree there, but not one that we cut down... it was imported from North Carolina I think... but it was pretty. It sure was fun going to this farm with our friends... they had tons of fun things to do there!... We started off with a tractor ride, rode go-carts, went down a giant slide, and jumped on a huge bouncy thing. When we got home, Grandpa and Don quickly put the tree up and in water... (with DJ's help of course!)

No comments: