Saturday, November 6, 2010

THE TIME HAS COME....

FOR A BIG BOY BED! I was just bragging no more than a week ago about how DJ LOVES his crib... and has NEVER tried climbing out of it and he is almost 2 and a half! :) He's gone potty (both numbers) on the toilet several times... but one of the criteria for potty training is that your toddler is no longer in a crib so they can go potty on their own. WELL... I wasn't ready to potty train if it meant having him out of the crib!
(I should've knocked on wood) because DJ finally did it! I had a friend over... when we hear a door slamming upstairs! This friend had gone to another room and I asked her if she was upstairs, she said no!?!?! Then I KNEW DJ had gotten out of his crib! MY LIFE IS OVER HOW I KNEW IT BEFORE! :( I put him back in bed... we snuck to watch DJ through the door crack in the adjoining bathroom... DJ swiftly pulled off his socks, went to the corner of the crib, lifted one leg over, then the other... then gracefully slid down the side of the crib... as if he had done this many times before! We were cracking up! So no nap that day! Don and I "DJ-proofed" his room that night including safety locks on the inside so he can't open the doors and he slept on the crib mattress on the floor... (well he started out on the mattress). He put up a little fight, but went to sleep pretty quick since he didn't have a nap that day. The next morning, we found him on a pile of blankets in the middle of the floor. :)
A day after that, I found a used IKEA toddler bed on craigslist from a nice family... and DJ LOVES it! :) YEAY... He's been doing good so far! Naps are a LOT shorter... but oh-well, he's doing a lot better than I thought he would. :)

No comments: